Piracanga Holistic Center
Join our Ashtanga Yoga teacher training in Brazil and spend a month in an fully sustainable ecovillage located where the Brazilian jungle spills into 90 miles of virgin brazilan coastline! Piracanga is located in the Bahia region of Brazil, famous for its endless pristine coastlines and some of the best surfing in the world.
In Piracanga you live in harmony with nature in the ecovillage built on a sustainable model that provides no impact to the local ecosystem. In the morning as the sun starts to peak over the ocean horizon, you greet the sun practicing Hatha Yoga (Ashtanga Yoga / Vinyasa Flow) in a spectactular ocean-facing Yoga shala made of brazilan hardwood and natural palm fiberas. Between yoga practice, clinics and classes enjoy vegetarian food prepared daily with local, organic ingredients and accompanied by tropical fruit juices. During the afternoon break, sun on the beach or take advantage of truly unique, holistic therapies offered by the ecovillage residents. In the evening, join the beach bonfire or participate in a number of special group activities. At night, stroll through the coconut trees by moonlight as you make your way back to your ocean bungalow, falling asleep to the gentle sounds of the jungle.
On days off, take a day trip to go to the nearest town, Itacaré, one of Brazil’s famous surfing villages! Or, alternatively, participate in a variety of other excursions and cultural programs available during the training.
Join us in one of this planet’s truly unique locations for an unforgettable journey of transformation and self-discovery through yoga!
This training has been cancelled. Please check back with us soon!
In our Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Program, the Ashtanga Vinyasa method is the foundational asana practice for this yoga teacher training program. Students learn the asanas of the Ashtanga primary series, the 70+ asana sequence, Sanskrit posture names, opening/closing chants, principles of Ujayi and synchronization of breath corresponding to each posture. In addition to Ashtanga, other main forms of Hatha, such as Vinyasa Flow, Yin, and Gentle Yoga are taught and practiced as complementary practices to Ashtanga.
Our Ashtanga yoga teacher training program theory covers the main aspects of the Yoga Philosophy, History and Literature and emphasizes the importance of proper alignment, injury prevention, and anatomy. The Holistic health and healing system of as Ayurveda, and proper yogic nutrition principles are also incorporated as an important part of the program. Pranayama, mantra chanting, and several meditation techniques complete our comprehensive training curriculum.
In order for students to maximize the benefit of our teacher training, we require some reading/study to be completed in advance of arrival so that students are on equal footing. We also include a number of texts that are not mandatory but will enhance learning. The reading list will be part of the information package sent to registered participants.
Sample of the curriculum classes:
- Ashtanga Primary series led or Mysore style / Vinyasa Flow
- Anatomy and Physiology
- History and Philosophy of yoga, study of the Yoga Sutras
- Ayurveda Overview
- Nutrition and Diet
- Ethical guidelines for Yoga Teachers
- Yin yoga / Gentle Yoga or restorative Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Meditation / Guided meditation
- Adjustment techniques / Injury prevention
- Ethical guidelines for Yoga Teachers
- Business of yoga
Our weekly schedule includes 6 days a week of instruction with 1 day of rest. Typical daily schedule is as follow. (It may varies slightly from training to training).
- 6:30 – 8:30am Ashtanga primary series or Vinyasa flow / Pranayama practice
- 9:00 – 10:00am Breakfast
- 10:00 – 12:00 Clinics and Workshops
- 12:30 – 3:00pm Lunch break
- 3:00 – 4:00pm Theory
- 4:00 – 5:30pm Lectures / Discussion / Practice
- 6:00 – 7:00pm Dinner
- 7:00 – 8:00pm Evening Meditation / Journaling or Free time
Mollie is our lead teacher and will be there the whole month.
- 24 full days of Yoga instruction and 200 or 500-Hour RYT certification upon successful completion
- Global Yoga Shala yoga teacher teaching manual
- Posture card of 70+ asanas
Does not include:
- 28 Nights accommodation and meals in Piracanga
- Airport transportation to/from resort
- Air Transportation and airport taxes
- Tips / Gratuities
- Excursion and activities on days off
- Students are expected to arrive November 23rd 2015, and leave the resort December 20th. Check in time is 2:00pm so anyone arriving earlier will be expected to cover their own meals or extra nights stay. Please book your stay directly with Piracanga at firstname.lastname@example.org
- US citizens need to get a Brazilian visa to visit Brazil at their nearest Brazilian embassy or consulate.
Please read Brazil entry requirements before booking your tickets.
- Most EU citizens may visit Brazil for up to 90 days without a visa, however a valid passport is required.
Please check with your nearest Brazilian embassy or consulate before booking your tickets.
- Piracanga is located in Bahia, Brazil. The nearest town is Itacaré (30 minutes of unpaved road).
- The closest airport to the resort is Jorge Amado/Ilhéus airport (IOS) located approximately 100 km (60 miles) from Piracanga.
National flights are operated on a daily basis by the airlines GOL, TAM, WEBJET and TRIP.
- It is highly recommended to arrive in Ilhéus aiport as this is the closest.
- We will coordinate with the resort the transfers To/From Illheus to Piracanga and collect students travel info. Cost is not included and is as follow:
- R$ 70,00 (Brazilian Real) per person on the cars that have pre fixed times.
- R$ 300,00 or R$ 80,00 (Brazilian Real) per person when more then 3 people in the car, for Exclusive cars (outside pre fixed times)
- No vaccinations required.
Pricing: $2000 (4 weeks – 200-Hour) / $1000 (2 weeks – 100-Hour)
Early birds discount: $150 Off if you sign up before September 15th!
Training will be confirmed when there are 5 sign ups.
This price does NOT include accommodation.
Please book your stay directly with Piracanga at: email@example.com.
Different level of accommodation are available: Dorm, Triple, Double and Single:
- Dormitory: $47/night
- Triple Room: $61/night
- Double Room: $65/night
- Single Room: $79/night
Includes: accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner and use of installations and equipment’s.
* All accommodations are subject to availability
* Pricing considerations to keep in mind
- Please note that your application will be reviewed and needs to be accepted before payment
- A non refundable $500 deposit is required upon acceptance of your application to reserve your spot. Read more details about our terms and conditions
- We strongly recommend that you purchase adequate travel insurance that covers trip cancellation and emergency medical coverage for the duration of your trip
- We also have a 7-Day Yoga retreat going on at this location in case family or friends wish to join you for a week or more. Visit our Yoga Retreat Schedule page for more info