Global Shala certification
Global Shala certification recognizes that traditional Master-student yoga instruction is the highest form of yoga study, leading to the most experienced and knowledgeable instructors. However, this type of life-long dedication is not always possible. For that reason, Global Yoga Shala has chosen to certify students in accordance with the standards of Yoga Alliance. With a thirty year history, Yoga Alliance is currently the only recognized yoga certification program worldwide and this has certain advantages for professional yoga instructors today. Their requirements are rigorous and reputable. When dedicated and experienced program instructors strictly adhere to the rigor of these requirements, graduates of these programs can expect to become accomplished instructors themselves and recognized professionals in the field.
What our Yoga certification means
- Unlike other 200-Hour yoga certification programs that fail to provide required instructor contact hours in order to shorten the duration of their training, Global Yoga Shala adheres strictly to the 200-Hour and 500-Hour Yoga Alliance established requirements.
- Global Yoga Shala is committed to the highest professional and ethical standard in yoga certification and practice.
- As a Registered Yoga School at Yoga Alliance, Global Yoga Shala’s curriculum allows students to apply immediately for the internationally recognized Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) status with Yoga Alliance after they graduate.
- Students who may already have their 200-Hour certificate with another school may apply for 500-Hour certification with Global Yoga Shala as long as the 200-Hour certification received meets Global Yoga Shala’s standards.
- Many of Global Yoga Shala graduates are able to find a Yoga teaching position, and feel comfortable teaching within weeks after they graduated from Global Yoga Shala.
What our Yoga certification offers
- Experienced, International, Multi-lingual faculty
- The opportunity to study, refine, and deepen your own practice, including asana, pranayama, and meditation
- A thorough exploration of over 100 asanas, including their alignment principles, energetic actions, modifications, use of props, variations, verbal and hands-on cues, risks, contraindications, and benefits.
- Study of yoga philosophy, history, and literature presented in a captivating, narrated format by knowledgeable instructors
- Study of ethics with practical useful real-life examples
- Detailed information on yogic lifestyle practices such as Ayurveda, and nutrition
- Training and practical experience in planning classes and sequencing asana, pranayama, and meditation practices
- Detailed information on the business of yoga including pay scales, contracts, and studio/gym practices
- Opportunities to learn how to work with students who have injuries and other limiting conditions.
- Opportunities to learn about prenatal yoga
- Extensive opportunities for progressively more challenging practical experience teaching classes with different styles of Yoga, such as Vinyasa flow, Hatha, and restorative Yoga
- Opportunities for apprenticing with experienced teachers
- Guidance in finding your niche as a teacher and getting started in the profession
- Mentoring program, one on one personal guidance from Global Yoga Shala teachers after you graduate
- Ongoing connection with students from all over the world, in a cultural exchange centered on yoga
- Opportunity to travel unique and inspiring worldwide destinations
- Unique opportunity to leave your daily routine behind and focus solely on yoga and self for one month
Our Yoga Teacher Training certificate
- At the end of the program a 200 or 500-Hour yoga teacher training certificate is distributed to students who successfully complete the course, fulfill all training requirements, and pass the exam
- Students applying for their 500-Hour certification would need to already have completed a 200-Hour Yoga Alliance certification
- The 500-Hour certification requires to complete 300-Hour with the same school, which means a full month of training and 2 additional weeks with Global Yoga Shala if you decide to
- We have a 500-hour curriculum tailored to the specific needs of the 500-Hour students with more teaching opportunities and more advanced classes
- Global Yoga Shala certificate allows students to register right after their training as RYT-200 or RYT-500 yoga instructors with Yoga Alliance
Global Yoga Shala believes that a yoga certification alone will not guarantee an instructor’s success. Each certified student is encouraged to continue pursue a life-long study of yoga and follow sound ethical principles. However, a certificate from Global Shala is the highest standard of yoga instruction outside of the Master-student relationship.